Week 6: Cool Math Games

 The game / simulation I've decided to discuss is called Cool Math Games. I picked this game website because of the various categories it has for learning. It has everything from classic games like cards to business games that make you think strategically about finances. 

I remember when I was in school my "go to" website for learning games was cool math games because of their diverse section of games to choose from, I think that kids of all grades could benefit from playing Cool Math Games. They have a diverse category section of games to choose from including everything from strategy to logic. Kids of all grades need something to challenge them whether it be a teacher or a game website, no challenges = no changes. A personal favorite game of mine from Cool Math Games is from the business category called Lemonade Stand. Lemonade stand is a game that teaches you how to run a lemonade stand, it's financial aspects and inventory as well. I personally like playing this game in the classroom with my elementary students because most of them have had a lemonade stand with their friends or parents so they relate to it from the money making aspect but this game shows them the financial aspect of it as well. It's a key aspect in a young age to teach students financial tips and tricks and I wish more classes in high school covered that topic.

Cool Math Games is a great website for all students no matter what age or grades they are in. Check it out and let me know how you and your students like it!  

Comments